I still remember how it became discolored. One fine day my mama told me that calamansi is good for the underarms because it helps in preventing body odor. The good girl (which is me) followed her tip without knowledge of the whole process (yeah I know I'm such a dummy) I mistakenly left the calamansi on my skin longer than the recommended time which resulted into an acid burn. Nothing severe though, but it left my dreaded underarm dark.
This how my search for the effective underarm whitening solution started. I was introduced to green peeling oil because of the sudden raves it received in sulit. Ads about the green peeling oil is seen left and right and it got me curious. Back then I was a total newbie in ordering stuffs online so imagine my frustration back then. LOL.
One basic green peeling oil set consists of:
>Aluminum chloride -whitens the skin while preventing sweat at the same time. Serves as your deodorant while in the process of peeling.
>4 in one bleaching cream(also known as kliggman's cream) -cream effective in faster whitening of the skin. Night whitening cream for the underarm.
>Green peeling oil -the peeling agent. Feel is just like J&J's baby oil but scent is chemical-ish.
>Hydrocortisone cream -anti-itch cream. Use to endure itchiness of the skin.
^All of these for only of Php250. It was shipped almost instantly after my purchase, received the next day, no hassle.
I was so excited to find out if the hype was all true. There have been mixed reviews with the green peeling oil as this is actually a peeling agent and when used improperly may have unwanted result. I was being careful and I followed the instructions promptly.
1. Apply the green peeling oil on the underarms, 3x a day for 3 days only. It can be applied at night 3X with 15 mins. interval. Let it dry and NO need to rinse
2. If itchiness or redness occurs, apply hydrocortisone cream
3. After 3 days of peeling GPO, rest the skin and wait until it peels-off. DO NOT RUB
4. When the skin has totally peeled-off, Use aluminum Chloride in the morning, and apply bleaching cream at night.
- Use your fingers when applying the oil. Peeling starts 2-4 days after the last application of green peeling oil. Peeling lasts 3-7 days. --My underarm peeled on the 5th day.
- To prevent the redness or itchiness, Apply hydrocortisone cream on the 2nd day after applying the green peeling oil. --I didn't feel any itchiness all throughout the process so I did not used my hydrocortisone cream.
- Do not use deodorant and avoid washing the underarms with soap during the peeling session. The green peeling will serve as your deo during peeling, it prevents sweating of underarms. --Arrrgh...I actually hate the fact that they instructed us not to wash with soap! In the forums they are even saying that its not allowed to wet the treated area. But still~ I have to follow. Bye bye for now hygiene...
- Waxing and shaving can be done with outmost care. --I recommend that you shave or wax the 1-2 days before. Better be safe than sorry, right?
- Place bleaching cream inside refrigerator --We don't have a refrigerator at that time so this is optional.
- Peeling interval should be 3months before peeling the under arm --Yeap. follow this. You don't want a burnt skin, do you?
I believe there were sellers online who sell different type of underarm whitening kits. I have seen one with an included bleaching soap in the set but of course it'll cost you more.
As what I have told you, my skin peeled after 5 days. That 5 whole days of no soap! Eeeewww~
But beauty needs sacrifice so I need to endure it. Skin was macro peeling for days. I cant remember for how long. But skin was renewed and my real skin has returned to what it was before...Goodbye burnt skin, hello baby skin! ~WOW!
The green peeling oil process was a gold find. I love it that the process was quick considering that I tried other whitening products before. Hope I had this earlier but I doubt that I would have this much courage to try a not-so-popular brand, BCP. More about this on my future posts.
Where to buy?
Online shops. There is a branch of BCP somewhere but I am not aware of their location. I heard BCP is sort of a generic brand for a Diana Stalder.
Php250 but it depends on the seller as well and what is included in the set.
- Fast effect on skin, peeling and whitening
- Easy to use with the instructions.
- Whitens right away when used and only good maintenance deodorant is needed.
- Can't use soap until the skin peels.
- Left dark edges because my peel is not equally done on the whole underarm area, but I dont care much.
- I'm yet to look for a new deodorant, but while on the process I will stick to the aluminum chloride first.
How about you, what underarm whitening product has been effective for you?